At REM, you're a part of a team -- a team that's been growing steadily for nearly 50 years.
Many of our partners have been with us for over 20 years. Some even joined the firm as staff accountants or interns, developing professionally into the leaders of REM today. We provide training, career planning, diverse clients operating in a variety of industries, and the opportunity for you to find the path and build a future with us.
This position is in our Melville, NY office. Our team of tax preparers is diligent, energetic, and reliable. Tax preparers work directly with supervisors, managers, and partners, making this an excellent opportunity for a candidate who wants to round out their experience with a variety of tax types. Our tax preparers are generally on a growth track, with annual reviews and promotion opportunities.
- 4-year accounting degree
- 2-3 years of public accounting experience
- Must have or be interested in obtaining their CPA license
- Strong ethics/integrity
- Completes projects timely
- Willing to work independently and with others
- Willing to expand skills
- Passionate about clients and exceptional client service standards
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong time management skills
- Good understanding of individual tax law
- Good understanding of corporate tax law
Software Knowledge – Preferred but not Mandatory
- CCH ProSystem, Document
- Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/Windows
Raich Ende Malter & Co. LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, operating in full compliance with federal, state, and local labor regulations.